Thursday, February 17, 2011

Audition Season

downtown Pittsburgh
The official audition season has begun. "Audition Season" as NY actors call is is the time when most theatres have the casting calls for their season, including summer work. It means every day is filled with at least 6 or 7 auditions, and actors scramble around signing up for as many as possible, and choosing which ones are most important that they get seen for. My situation is a bit different because I can only audition until 3pm (at the latest) because of the nanny job, so my scrambling is done even earlier than most, so I can get seen at the auditions before lunch break. I also flew to Pittsburgh and back in a day for an audition, which went well, but was quite stressful. It's been pretty intense, but other than one anxiety attack at Actors Equity thanks to a mean monitor (you know who you are), I'm hanging in there. I have a really big week ahead with three appointment auditions (no waking up at 6am on those days!), so I'm excited for those opportunities, and working hard to leave this difficult week behind me.


KJ, Linds and me at a Valentine's Party!
Miss you, Leslie!

Let's go Tarheels!
Highlights from the past two weeks:

Watching the Tarheels at Brother Jimmy's. Even though we lost, it was wonderful to be surrounded by so much Carolina Southernness, and great to reconnect with friends.

Meeting a Broadway producer on an airplane, and making a good impression...I think!  :)

Spending time with my pregnant UNC professor, Melissa, who is in the city right now, and getting ready to have her baby. She's wonderful!
With friends at Lindsay's brunch!

Going to a fun concert in SoHo. "Wild Nothing" was the band - check them out.

Meeting Lindsay's parents and enjoying the brunch they hosted with my girl friends! :)

1 comment: