Friday, August 12, 2011

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Happy Anniversary to me!

Truth be told, I forgot yesterday was my one-year until about 10:30 am when I was walking down Lexington Ave, and I thought, "Wow this is a gorgeous day. It may be the prettiest day since I lived here... wait a second... I moved last August... Oh WOW today's my one-year." I had already scheduled auditions, and I had to work that night, so I didn't exactly do a big celebration, but it was fun nonetheless! I met up with a few of my favorite girls at Brother Jimmy's after work (they were so sweet to meet me out at 11:30pm during the week), and had drinks.

Celebrating at Brother Jimmy's!
Love these girls
(hate how dark this picture is!)


While I didn't party all day, I did a lot of thinking and reflecting. I thought about whether or not I have accomplished my goals for myself, and the answer is "yes" for about 90% of the realistic ones, and "sort of" for about 50% of the reach goals. (For example, I'm not starring in Priscilla Queen of the Dessert on Broadway...bummer. HAHA) Then, of course, so many things have happened that I didn't even foresee enough to make goals regarding them. All things considered, I'm pleased with where I am, and look forward to see where I am in a year! It's amazing how much can change in a year.

When I texted my parents, informing them that it was my one-year anniversary, my dad responded with "Yee haw!! Have a happy day!" My mom texted me and said, "Wow! Does it seem longer or shorter than a year?" I responded with, "I feel like I've been through enough shit for 5 years, but time has moved quickly." She responded, "I get that." My text was the jaded New Yorker side of me coming out, and I think a more eloquent way to express that is: "I've learned more in the past year than I did for all of college, but time has flown by so quickly." To be completely honest, I've learned many things the "hard way," but I think that's pretty common in one's first year out of school, and even more common in a city as challenging as New York.

I've learned a lot about:
myself
acting
show business
New York
people
shoes
friendships
public transportation
scheduling
relationships
kids (SO MUCH ABOUT THIS ONE)
money
accents/losing one

I could probably write a book, with each chapter being about what I learned in those categories this year, and in actuality, I probably will. For now, I'm going to stop blogging, and go begin the second year in my life as a New Yorker.

No comments:

Post a Comment