Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Simple Blessings

I was reflecting back on the last few months, and I've had some really great times, that I've failed to mention in my blog. Sometimes I'm so concerned with the big events, stressful auditions, numerous rejections, or loads of work that I forget to be grateful for the smaller blessings that really keep me going.

Kenan, Ashley and me at Cakes & Ale
The first week of March, I received an invitation to audition for Legally Blonde in Atlanta. The audition was four days after the email I received, and I knew that flights from NYC to ATL are never affordable (thank you, Delta monopoly at Hartsfield-Jackson airport.) I curiously looked online, and saw that indeed, all flights for that weekend were nearly $800. Except one...it was $200. I immediately called my best friends in Atlanta and asked if I could stay with them. They said, "Yes!" I decided that this was God's way of telling me I needed a weekend away from the city. He had blessed me with this amazing audition opportunity, and an affordable plane ticket. How could I not go for it?! I flew to Atlanta, had a really solid audition, and got a callback! I'm still waiting to hear if I booked the job. More importantly, I spent time with Ashley and Ellen, and their awesome roommates. They are always so generous with their time, and we have so much fun together. I also got to surprise my dear friend Kenan! She and Nick were in Atlanta, and so I walked up to her at the restaurant she was eating at on Friday (her hubby helped me plan this), and asked if her food was okay (in my waitress voice). She turned around and was shocked to see me! We had the best time catching up! Every time I go to Atlanta, I am reminded of how much I love the South.

Sarah P, Kayla, me and Sayrah on St. Patrick's Day!
St. Patrick's Day was probably the most fun night of my year thus far. Our group of friends were all people who knew each other from different places, but we got along so well! These girls right here are the best friends a girl could ask for! We went to Otto for dinner, and then to Stone Street, where we hit every bar!









Will & me at Rockefeller
Easter SUnday is obviously a special day for all members of the Christian faith. It's always a little hard not being with my family, but it's usually difficult to go home just for the weekend. This year I had to work both on Good Friday and the evening of Easter. Easter morning definitely made up for all of that though! Will and I celebrated by going to St. Thomas for church, and then walking down to Rockefeller Center to see the gorgeous flowers and decorations! After that, we went to David Burke Kitchen in Soho for a yummy brunch! My girlfriends also had brunch there at an earlier time, so we all got to see each other! I'm so blessed to have great friends in this city!



My girlfriends and me at David Burke

Will & Me after brunch


No comments:

Post a Comment