Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday

I must admit I was a little sad about having to spend Easter in New York instead of in North Carolina. Ever since I can remember, Easter means hearing Pastor Rick Clayton and enjoying the grand tympani at Hayes Barton United Methodist Church, taking the annual picture in front of the flowered cross outside, enjoying a big Easter meal with my family, and doing fun stuff with the neighborhood kids (or just hanging out with Jennifer post Easter Egg Hunt Age). New York surprised me though!

I went to a lovely service at St. Thomas Episcopal with Will and friends. The choir had hundreds of members, and the service was absolutely beautiful. The Easter Bonnet Parade that took over Fifth Ave was really neat too! On top of those things, the gorgeous spring weather just made for a truly awesome first Easter in New York.








On another note, I got the best nanny ever award on Monday when I picked Anna up from school and surprised her by rushing her to Times Square so we could watch the Glee Cast film. It was pretty exciting for her, and for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment