Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Glimpses of Spring

"It's springtime Emily, things happen in the spring!" - Will

My good friend Will and I were riding the subway on Sunday, and this is what he said to me. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but the past couple of couple of weeks have been reasonably eventful.

I spent a morning walking around the Upper West Side with a tranny named Dallas... If you want more details regarding how this interesting situation came to be, feel free to ask.  In the meantime, just picture me bopping along in my Gap jeans and hot pink cardigan with my blue converse, while he/she strolled next to me in fur and Chanel. We were a sight. After that adventure, Aunt Laura took me to lunch at Eately! WOW...new favorite lunch place in the city! It was great to see Laura too!



everyone needs at
$25,000 Barbie
Foosball Table
Last week, I had the privilege of attending the Sloan-Kettering Bunny Hop. This is a huge benefit in FAO Schwartz, where the majority of the people are dressed "preppily" in Lily Pullitzer etc. The former nanny sarcastically told me it was a "dream come true," and I quickly found that to be truth. The store is closed down, and hundreds of kids come out for face-painting, dancing, a magic show, toys etc. Hundreds of parents come out for an open bar, and some of the best catering I've ever tasted. Marguerite and I had a blast walking around and enjoying the festival with friends like Tina Fey and Kelly Rutherford. My friend Kelly was playing Dorothy for the evening, so it was funny to see her!

Dorothy, Marguerite and me


cute kiddies at the Bunny Hop!
http://mskcc.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=soc_events_bunny_hop




Kenan and Nick came to visit for the latter part of last week! On Thursday, I took them to the reservoir, and gave them a brief tour of my neighborhood. After a delicious lunch at Bella Cucina, they came to work with me! They even got to see an exciting day of crazy school pickups, and Marguerite deemed them "her favorites." On Saturday, we watched the end of the Carolina game together and then ventured to the Chelsea Highline with their cousins, Joel and Lystra. We had SO much fun! Seeing them was such a treat!


I had a fun weekend, despite Carolina's loss on Sunday, and enjoyed quality time with good friends. Sherrie, Sarah and I had girl's night on Saturday and saw No Strings Attached. I can honestly say that was the funniest movie I've seen in years! We laughed so hard we cried. The writers also write for SNL, so obviously the one-liners were hysterical.  William and I spent the afternoon together on Sunday, and that was equally wonderful!

This week is an absolute whirlwind. I didn't realize until Sunday, when I was looking at my auditions for the week, that there are so many I've been waiting for finally happening. I'm currently in Boston auditioning for North Shore (their season includes Legally Blonde!!!) and later this week I have an appointment for Shelby in "Steel Magnolias." Those are just two of many big auditions this week that I'm really excited about! :) In non-audition news, I was recently invited to join the North Carolina Society of New York. It's a social club here in the city, and my first official event will be a NC Barbeque with real BBQ that they drive up from Wilson, NC. I'm so excited! I'm also really happy because if all goes as planned, this Thursday will mark my 100th audition since moving to New York in August! It falls right on St. Patrick's day so the celebration will be epic!

I've never spent spring in the city, but there's already so much to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. Your headshots are GORGEOUS, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaand, that comment was meant for the previous post. (:

    ReplyDelete