Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patrick is my BFF




St. Patrick’s Day was just one of those days where everything was awesome. I had a great audition, and was incredibly productive before work. I checked my mail on my way to work, only to find a VERY nice treat waiting for me from Ima. Thanks Ima! I also had an awesome package at the post office to pick up from my family. I felt so loved! Work was great on St. Patrick’s Day because I got to see some of the parade! (St. Patrick’s Day in NY is sort of like Halloween in Chapel Hill.) There was everything from men wearing to kilts, to men wearing tutus. As Amy, my co-nanny said,"I saw someone wearing only a thong and a tutu. Apparently you can wear whatever you want on St. Patrick's Day as long as it's green."  I walked with Marguerite and Tatum across the park to tap class on the West Side, and I got to spend some quality time with Tatum’s mother Kathryn, whom I admire so much.



St. Patrick’s Night was even better! Some girlfriends and I went down to Stone Street in the Financial District. It was possibly the best night out I’ve had in New York. It’s basically a giant frat party for grownups. The street is closed down, and all of the bars have tents and picnic tables. It was such a fun celebration.

St. Patrick’s Day is officially my favorite New York holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment