Monday, June 20, 2011

Carolina In My Mind

Thursday-Sunday was the quintessential Carolina weekend!



In typical William fashion, he fetched
me a gingerale from the bar, and provided
me with Dramamine. What a sweetheart.
Thursday night I went on the UNC Alumni Cruise around Manhattan. While I was rather seasick, it was still fun to see friends, and be surrounded by Tarheels!

Katie and me with the Statue of Liberty.
Yes we were that close!







New York













Jackson and Olivia are so special to me.
Friday, I flew to Charlotte North Carolina to reunite with my wonderful senior year roommates. I flew in early Friday morning, and my parents drove to Charlotte to spend the day with me! We had a great time together enjoying all things Southern like the shopping mall and Chic-fil-A. We visited my former New York neighbors, the Morgans, in their new home in Charlotte!







Friday night, I went to Carly's and was reunited with my girls! We had a wonderful weekend of catching up, margaritas, laughing, dancing and enjoying all being together again.

love these girls so, so much

our weekend in a nutshell


This weekend was a reminder of how much I love the south. It was so fun to drive from place to place, be in air-conditioned homes, and go to huge grocery stores like Harris Teeter! Though I may say my "A's" like a Yankee (according to Ashley), or be rude and abrasive to forward men at bars (apparently women don't put guys in their place at bars in the south), I will always be a southerner at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment