Friday, June 3, 2011

A memorable Memorial Day weekend

city from Julie's rooftop
We kicked off Memorial Day by having drinks on Julie's awesome rooftop. That Saturday, my girlfriends and I decided to go to Long Beach! We packed up, and took the direct train from Penn Station! It was absolutely gorgeous, and the perfect day of fun in the sun. We lay out, read gossip magazines, and chatted, and then took a lunch break. We headed to Five Guys, then went back to the beach for more sunshine! Most of us got rather sunburned, but it was the perfect start to summer!

beach-bound on the train!
That Sunday, I had a lovely brunch with my UNC friends, and then spent the afternoon hanging out with Geoffrey and William! It was so nice to catch up with everyone.  My friend Meredith from UNC arrived that day to the city (she's interning here for the summer), so it was fun to catch up with her!

girls on the beach!
Memorial Day was one of the most relaxing days ever! I woke up, had a delicious brunch with Sarah, and caught up! We hadn't seen each other in SO long because she had been rehearsing for "The Importance of Being Earnest" in Summit. We caught up over scones at Alices. I then went to a Memorial Day cookout at Julie's, and then had a tennis match with Will. It was such a great weekend of not working, or thinking about auditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment