Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chicago!

Last weekend, I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to go to Chicago for the first time! One of my best friends, Ashley, had a business trip there, and I got to fly out and meet her for the weekend! It is officially one of my favorite places I've ever been...EVER. It is so clean, the architecture is incredible, the people are friendly, and the river is gorgeous. I am quickly doing everything I can to figure out how to book a show there...asap.

Brunch on the River
I arrived on Friday night, we had drinks with some of her friends, and had a fun, chill night out in the city. We slept in Saturday, had a delicious brunch on the river, and then began exploring. We shopped, went to the Art Institute, and had appetizers at the top of the John Hancock building.

John Hancock Building!

The coolest coincidence that happened in Chicago: We were walking past the big theatre there, and she pointed it out to me, seeing as I love theatre. I looked at the marquis and saw that "Beauty and the Beast" was playing! I realized that my good friend Carter is covering the Beast and Gaston, but is in the ensemble every night, and immediately texted him to confirm that this was his production. He confirmed, and Ashley and I bought tickets for that night! We saw the show from dress circle, and then had dinner with Carter and his girlfriend Brittany (she's also on the tour), afterwards!


Carter and me after his show
Sunday, we got up early, had a delicious breakfast at Corner Bakery (a new favorite chain of mine...Panera, watch out), went on the river architecture cruise, and learned a lot about the history of Chicago! We shopped some more, ventured down Michigan Ave, and had Garrett's popcorn! We saw "The Bean," and the gardens.





The Bean






My favorite painting in the world! Up close and in person!

This was one of the best weekends ever! Ashley was such a sweet host, and so gracious to go to the touristy things for the millionth time so I could see them. The trip was far too short, but it was so much fun to catch up with Ash and have quality time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment