Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Proud to be an American, Happy to be a New Yorker

Fireworks over the Hudson River

The Fourth of July in New York was absolutely fabulous. I actually spent most of the weekend up in Rye babysitting for the most wonderful family ever! They go to my church, Redeemer, and spending time with them is such a treat. I love the kids so much! I was honestly sad to leave when it was time to come back to the city, because it felt like a vacation.

My girlfriends and me on the boys' rooftop
The Fourth of July was so fun though, and it was great to spend it with friends! Will and I had brunch at the Standard that morning, and then walked along the High Line.  The Standard is honestly one of the best brunch places in the city, I think! It was great catching up with him! That evening, I got together with friends and watched the fireworks over the Hudson. Fireworks were shot off of every barge, and it was truly spectacular. We watched from a rooftop, which made it all the more exciting! Celebrating July 4 in New York is an experience I truly think everyone should have at some point in their life!



friends watching the fireworks :)

Reid & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment