Friday, July 15, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that (One of my favorite Ken Strong quotes)

July has been a really good month for me. I have had much more scheduling flexibility, which has allowed me to be very productive with auditions, dance classes, seminars etc. As the title of this post reflects, it's been a "little of this and a little of that." I feel like I have been able to dive into the theatre world like never before (I started working 5 days after I moved here in August), grow a lot as an actress. Being able to dedicate myself to theatre 100% has been awesome. I'm getting more audition appointments than before, and giving better auditions, because I am not rushed to get to work by 2:30 or 3:00. I am really thankful for this time. Though it's hard financially (not working), it's a nice change of pace, and one that I really needed.  I honestly feel like I'm working harder than ever before, I'm just not working as a nanny for six hours a day. 

Henry! 
I babysit my friend/former professor's adorable son Henry sometimes, but he's so much fun that it doesn't even feel like work. I love that kid! It's such a treat watching him grow! He's four months old!
Me as Barbie

Another interesting odd job I picked up was being Barbie for a birthday party, for the same company that sent me out as Princess Jasmine last month. The costume and wig were pretty rough, but it was a good time nonetheless.


I just got a job at Brother Jimmy's, and I start Monday, so that will be fun! I think it will be a good fit, and I'm really excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment