Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Lay your requests before Me and wait in expectation"

Psalm 5:3

This past week was such a reminder of God's control and perfect timing. I generally stay away from super religious posts, because I have "blog followers" of all faiths, and am very open minded to others' religions. However, this week was filled with too many humbling blessings to not blog about it.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday were rough days. I was beyond stressed financially, and had at least three meltdowns to my parents. I was questioning why I was in NY, what I was doing with my life, etc... All of the doubts and questions that actors have about themselves when they're not working in an acting job.

Monday, I took an incredible masterclass and was slightly inspired, though still overall discouraged. I remember walking to the studio on Tuesday afternoon, listening to "Come Thou Fount" on my iPod, and just making a decision that I was not the one in control of my life, and that I was going to "Let Go and Let God."

Later in the day Tuesday afternoon, I got a call that I had booked a film for the Discovery Channel! Tuesday evening, I got a call that I had been promoted to server at Brother Jimmy's, (meaning I could hopefully make rent for the month of October.) Wednesday, I got a Glee audition appointment, and Friday morning I had a very encouraging email from the casting director of Glee (Robert Ulrich) in my inbox. Mr. Ulrich had always been a distant figure who I dreamed of one day meeting, and then there he was emailing me. It was as if God was just waiting for me to let go of the reigns, remember that ultimately He was in control, and lay my requests before Him.

1 comment: