Friday, November 18, 2011

2 Beautiful Fall weeks in the city.


My last two weeks in the city were somewhat uneventful, but still good! Fall in the city is beautiful!

Sarah, Megan and me at Lupa
My dear friend, Megan, visited and we had a great weekend! We shopped a lot, ate at my favorite restaurants (Made Fresh Daily, Lupa, Dos Caminos, Sarabeth’s), and hung out with friends. Having a visitor is so fun because it’s basically the only time I “splurge” and go to nicer restaurants/do fun things that aren’t work or audition related. I was also really glad that she got to meet some of my good friends in New York!

Megan and me in Central Park


After Megan left, I got sick, unfortunately, and was pretty much sick my whole last week in the city. I cancelled the audition appointments I had, and didn’t go to any open calls, so that was disappointing. I didn’t have a voice to speak or sing with, which is so frustrating when that’s your “product.”

Towards the end of the week I started feeling better, thankfully, and I babysat for a new family that I absolutely love. The sweet 2-year-old girl and 4-year-old boy are so polite and loving. They’re quite precocious too, which is always fun for a babysitter. I showed the 2-year-old a picture of my Halloween costume as a ladybug, and she particularly enjoyed that, and then referred to me as “Ladybug Emily” for a little while. One time I yawned and she said, “Miss Emily, is it time for your nap?” The four-year-old introduced me by name to all of his teachers at preschool. To top it all off the mom is a gem! Not surprisingly, she’s a good friend of another one of my favorite families.

dessert platter!
manicures!
My last 24-hours in the city were awesome, and such a good reminder of the wonderful community I have there. Bridget and I had a girls day and got manis! My former neighbors were in the city visiting, and I got to spend some quality time with them! My roommate, Sarah, surprised me with Riesling and a sweet card. Some close friends and I went out to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Dos Caminos. The restaurant was late seating us, and gave us free champagne! Our waiter was a client of one of my friend’s, and so we got a delicious complimentary dessert platter! After dinner, drinks and lots of storytelling, we went to a housewarming party at another friend’s apartment! The next day, my dear friends William and Geoffrey took me to Olive Garden for a going away lunch. The three of us, especially me, LOVE Olive Garden, and particularly enjoy the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks for $9.95 deal, so we deal with the Times Square tourists to partake in the yummy chain Italian food.
friends at Dos Caminos
*side note, I look so fat in this picture...terrible angle. But I
love the people in it, so I had to post it.
William, Geoff and me at O.G.
Leslie, me, Sarah right before I left



Katie Jane and me at JFK








When I got back to my apartment to leave for the airport, my sweet friend Leslie was waiting to see me off.  It was sad to leave Sarah, and all of my great friends. I had one last surprise visit from Katie Jane at the airport though! She locked herself out of her apartment, and I had her spare keys, so she hopped a cab and came to JFK! It was a $50 visit, but great to see her nonetheless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment