Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Weddings Galore

The past two weekends I've been attending weddings! I really like weddings, especially the ceremony. I find it fascinating to observe how different religions (even just different Protestant denominations) marry people. I also think it's such a special time of worship for the friends and families of two people, who have decided to spend their lives together. I love to take note of the aspects I want to include in my wedding one day! Both weddings these past two weekends were absolutely beautiful.

The last weekend in October, I sang the Benediction for my childhood friend Celeste's wedding. I was a bit anxious about singing, (singing at someone's important day is lots of pressure, because it needs to be perfect!) but it went really well, and the whole weekend was lots of fun! The reception at the Angus Barn was a blast!
Ross and me at White Memorial Presbyterian Church

Celeste's wedding was the first wedding that my whole family attended together since I can remember. It was really fun dancing with my dad, and spending time with all four of us together! It was also fun hanging out with Dr. Rhodes, one of my favorite professors from UNC, and her daughter, who I sang the benediction with!


Mom, me, Susanna, and Dr. Rhodes
First Dance - Celeste and Chris
My parents and me
























Homecoming in Chapel Hill being the same weekend was an added bonus! I got to see friends over there Saturday night. Top-o is always a good time! I also really enjoyed going to CH for a faculty concert on Sunday--seeing my professors sing is such a treat. They are so talented!


This past weekend I went to Auburn, AL to see my New York friends Julie and Stan get married! I started off the weekend in the best way possible, by spending the night in Atlanta with Anna, Ashley and Ellen. I LOVE Atlanta, and I love those girls. We had the best time! We ate Chic-fil-a, saw Mamma Mia downtown at the Fox, and stayed up in their kitchen talking like old times at Little House.

best friends and me at Mamma Mia!
Missing you, Carly and Maddie!


Julie & Stan
I spent Friday and Saturday in Auburn! The kindest family hosted me, and I was literally wined and dined the whole weekend by so many generous families who wanted to participate in Stan and Julie's special weekend. From the Bridesmaid Luncheon to the Rehearsal dinner, I met so many wonderful, Southern people. Julie and Stan are such a sweet couple, and they are so in love! Their ceremony at Auburn United Methodist Church was so special, and the reception was amazing! It was really cool to go into a weekend knowing very few people, and leave feeling like I had a whole community of friends in Alabama!

Ali G and me at the reception

Laura, Ali and me after the Wedding Day Brunch



Sunday was another great day in Atlanta! I FINALLY ate at The Varsity, and yes, I did get a Frozen Orange! Spending time with my girls and their roommates was such a treat!
Ellen, Ash and Me @ The Varsity!

No comments:

Post a Comment