Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Week





rehearsing
This past week has been tiring but fantastic! I’ve rehearsed every day but Thursday for “The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.” So far, I really like the cast and creative team. We are ready to perform this show! We have a few days off this coming week while our director puts up another show, and then we head out next weekend.  I don’t have too many updates from this past week, because rehearsal is mainly all I’ve done, other than catch up with a few friends before and after my 8-hour rehearsal days. I think the coolest thing about this week is every evening when it starts to get dark, I subconsciously think, “Well it’s about time to head to work at the restaurant,” and then I remember that I don’t have to! I’m getting paid to do what I love and I’m so grateful for that.

my sweet Annie
Thanksgiving was fun because I had the day off, and spent it with my family. I waited until the last minute, and went to the store at around noon on Thanksgiving day to get what I needed for the dishes I was cooking. I also realized around noon that since Ross was finally 21, this Thanksgiving needed to include wine. Let me tell you, there is an interesting demographic at the Harris Teeter on Thanksgiving Day.  I did meet one really cute New Yorky looking guy who was running an errand for his mom. That was fun. I gathered my items (it took an hour because grocery stores down here in the south are HUGE), and then went to check out. I didn’t have my ID, and they wouldn’t let me buy the wine. They said I looked honest, but not 21, but eventually I talked them into letting me buy it.

I went home and made my Italian Sausage, Chestnut Foccaccia stuffing!  It was delicious. My Crack Pie (from Momofuku’s recipe) didn’t turn out as planned because I didn’t have time to make the Oatmeal cookie crust. I still thought it was delicious with the graham cracker crust, but Ross kindly informed my family that it looked like his biology experiment.  Thanks, brother.   Overall it was a lovely holiday! After our meal, I went on a nice long walk with Jennifer and caught up,  and then went to a movie with Mom. Kenan and Nick came over that evening…always so much fun to chat with them!

Cheers for Thanksgiving 
This coming week, I’m looking forward to five days off! I have some voice lessons in Chapel Hill scheduled, as well as catching up with friends there. I am so excited to see some of my favorite professors and spend time on campus! Otherwise, I’m trying to balance being productive with enjoying being home in the sweet, slow pace of North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment