Tuesday, October 12, 2010



Last week was slow with auditioning, but this week is busier than ever. I’m juggling multiple auditions every morning, which is stressful, but wonderful! Everyone says that auditions get old, but I find I’m enjoying them way more than I did at first! I have a few friends that I often see at auditions, and then of course the usual crazies… I probably shouldn’t blog about all the musical theatre wackos that I’ve come across, but I have plenty of stories.

View of the city from Bumble & bumble
I had an amazing weekend last weekend, during which I realized how truly blessed I am with wonderful friends. It involved trying new restaurants, margaritas with my small group girls, an "Awesome 80s Prom" audition (don't ask), and a new haircut (4 inches shorter, lots more layers)!


Dinner at Tipsy Parson with Will!


Cousins
I had a lovely breakfast after church on Sunday with Sophie and Claire at Le Pain Quotidien! It’s always great to catch up with my awesome cousins! Sunday afternoon, the weather was perhaps the most beautiful weather I’ve ever seen in New York, and Will and I took advantage of it and played tennis at Riverside Park.   I had the privilege of seeing my good friend Dan play “Mary Sunshine” in “Chicago” on Broadway on Sunday night.  We went out afterwards, and had the best time chatting. He is such a special person, and one of my closest new friends up here.

Hudson River at Riverside Park



Relaxing on a grassy knoll after our tennis match in the park.
Sherrie, Dan and Me at Glass House Tavern, after Dan's stunning performance in  "Chicago"

Took the kids to the playground...
Yesterday was Columbus Day. In the South, Columbus day basically means you don't get any mail. Well, in New York it's a big deal. They have a parade, the schools are closed, and it's a total holiday. That means all of the people who are off work near Manhattan come to the city and take over the public transportation. Getting around was an absolute nightmare and the crowds were horrible. However, I took the girls to the playground, to a movie, and to Shake Shack, which basically made yesterday the best day of work ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment