Saturday, October 23, 2010

Brrr...it's so cold!

The past couple of days have been freezing cold in New York! I know it's only going to get colder, but for me, 40s is pretty chilly. I have been bundling up, just like Aunt Laura taught me in New Jersey last winter! :)

I have been to ten auditions since my last post, was seen at eight of the ten (the benefits of waking up before it's light outside, and trekking to the subway on the cold, dark Upper East Side), and was cast in two of ten.  Unfortunately I had to turn down both opportunities due to my work schedule, and some prior commitments. I hate turning down projects because I would love to do as much theatre as possible, but until I book a commercial, theatre alone will not pay my NY rent.

Even after living here for awhile, darkening up my colorful wardrobe a bit, and working hard to kill my southern accent, I still stick-out as a Southerner. Last night in a cab, the driver asked me to remind him which street I lived on, as we were getting close. I said "92nd, please," and he responded with, "You can't be a New Yorker. Are you?" I said, "Yes, why?" He told me I had a much sweeter spirit, and better manners than most New Yorkers. I told him I was originally from the South. :) He said that explained it all. It's so hard to believe I've been here for over two months! Time flies by in the city! The holidays are right around the corner, and I am looking forward to spending a few days in North Carolina.

Marg and me at Alice's Teacup
Highlights from the past ten days include taking the five-year-old I nanny to Alice's Tea Cup because she "wore her listening ears" all morning during our errands, going to a swanky jazz bar with my friends Dan and Roz, and baking delicious pumpkin cupcakes!
Pumpkin Cupcakes
Sing Roz!
Dan and me at Sugar Bar





No comments:

Post a Comment