Sunday, December 5, 2010

best weekend with best friend!

Rosa Mexicana
Bryant Park
Jennifer came to town this weekend, and we had a wonderful time! I took the whole weekend off from work, and the whole weekend off from auditions! It was such a treat to relax and enjoy New York! On Saturday we visited my sweet southern neighbors, and their kids showed us every ornament on their Christmas tree! They're precious. Then after a delicious brunch at the Central Park Boathouse, we went to Bryant Park for the afternoon! They have ice skating and a fun Christmas market set up right now. It was freezing cold, but we had a great time, and purchased cute hats! We got manicures at my favorite manicure place in my neighborhood, and then had dinner at Rosa Mexicana. The wonderful pomegranate margaritas were way too much fun!

Freezing Cold in front of Rockefeller Christmas Tree
Sarah's Recital
Sunday we went to Sarabeth's for breakfast, and Apostles for church on the Upper East Side. We then ventured down to Union Square, shopped a bit, and went to see my friend Sarah's Senior Recital! She gave a lovely performance, and it was neat to see all of the hard work she had put into her musical theatre recital. After that, we went to an amazing restaurant in Little Italy that specializes in their gluten-free selections. It's called Rubirosa, and I highly recommend it. I cannot wait to go back! After our early dinner, we headed to Redeemer Presbyterian church, and then enjoyed Peanut Butter hot chocolate from Shake Shack! It was quite the weekend, and I'm happy to get to spend a little more quality time with Jenn tomorrow before she heads back to DC.
Rubirosa





I have another big week of auditions coming up, but I'm looking forward to interspersing the auditions and work with decorating my apartment for Christmas! The decorations I shipped from NC arrive tomorrow, and the tree should be delivered Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment