Sunday, December 26, 2010

White Christmas!

 Christmas eve, we wrapped presents, made Christmas deliveries, and cooked for Christmas Eve dinner. We had our grandmother's over for Italian food, and then went next door to Jennifer's family's house for their open house. We had delicious treats (and drinks), and enjoyed celebrating with friends. My family then went to the midnight Christmas eve service, which was beautiful. Our church made a stable, and everyone walked through the live nativity to get into the sanctuary. We went to sleep after that, and Santa came of course!

I call this one:
"Scrooge and Buddy the Elf"


Christmas morning, I jumped out of bed, and woke Ross up. We opened presents, had cinnamon buns, and cooked Christmas lunch/dinner. I made some neighborhood Christmas deliveries, and visited with several of the neighbors.  We had Christmas dinner with the grandmothers at our house! Everyone had different requests for Christmas dinner, and we accommodated all of them...so we had quite a feast. We unwrapped a few more presents, and relaxed in front of the fire as it began to snow!

I woke up this morning to a beautiful snow in front of my house! We had at least six inches, and everything was covered in white. Jennifer and I made our traditional walk to Stonehenge for Starbucks, bagels, and groceries...but the power went out and everywhere closed before we could buy anything. So we walked back home empty-handed. I then baked for awhile, and Kenan and Nick came over to visit! Snow days are not only beautiful but so relaxing and peaceful!
Snowy Seagate Drive

Jennifer and me in the snow!

Kenan and Nick came over to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment