Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

"2011 is a prime number - divisible only by itself and 1. I hope that means 2011 will be a prime year for everyone." - New York Theatre





This was the first year I've spent New Years Eve anywhere but North Carolina, and I realized that I was definitely missing out the first 22 years of my life. NYE was something I always kind of hated, but not anymore! There is such an exciting energy to New Years in New York.  During the day on NYE, I had lunch with Dan, got manicures with Sarah, and had dinner with Lindsay. Just being out and about in the city (despite the masses of tourists), was exciting. Everyone was preparing for something, and the air was filled with excitement.

New Years Eve itself was so awesome. I certainly did not go near Times Square to see the ball drop, though I did see the swarms of people herded into their pens like cattle, waiting for the "celebration," when I walked by at 1 pm. After dinner with Lindsay at Blockheads (um, where else?), we went to Hunter's for a party on the Upper East Side. A little while before midnight, I caught a cab down to Sherrie and Jordan's so I could ring in the new year with my friends from UNC! Both were wonderful celebrations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment