Sunday, January 2, 2011

Great start...

If yesterday was any indication of what 2011 will be like, I am quite excited! I was invited last-minute to sit in on a masterclass with Katie Finneran. It was awesome to hear all of her insight, and to see some of my favorite teachers in New York, who are good friends with her.

After that, Ben came into the city to meet me for dinner and a show! We went to Schnipper's Kitchen, a casual favorite of mine. It was great to catch up with Ben, and hear all about the happenings at UNC.

After dinner, we saw "A Little Night Music" from our front row seats, and the experience was breath-taking.  Seeing Bernadette Peters live was unbelievable. What struck me the most about the performance, was how every actor was completely connected and committed to their character for the entire three hour show. Of course their voices were fabulous too, but the actors were so in the story. After the show, we got to chat with Stephen Buntrock, and my friend Dan who was sitting in with the music director conducting the orchestra. After walking Ben to Penn Station, I met up with Greg and Leslie at "Don't Tell Mama" and caught up with them. What a fun night!


Stephen is so talented, and so kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment