Friday, August 13, 2010

It's up to you, New York New York

Dad parking the truck on Lexington Avenue.
The past 36 hours have truly been a whirlwind. After a fun dinner with friends on the Upper West Side on Wednesday night, and a wonderful breakfast with my UNC Ballet teacher on Thursday, the moving began. My parents arrived with the Penske around 10 on Thursday. Seeing my sweet dad parallel park the truck on Lexington Ave, while a grouchy business owner yelled at us for blocking his store with our truck, was a reminder of what awesome parents I have. 







Lonny, one of the movers, looked like
Raymond Felton



After some serious cleaning of the baseboards and windowsill in my room, and the installation of a powerful air-conditioner in the living room, the movers arrived. The movers and my family carried everything from the truck up to my second floor apartment; I could not have been happier to only live on the second floor instead of the fifth or sixth!




Dad is so handy!



The entire day was spent unpacking, assembling furniture, and settling into my new home. A friend came over late last night to help out, and while we were taking cardboard and packing supplies up to the garbage room on the 8th floor (Yes, in my building we dispose of trash upstairs...I don't understand yet), there was an accident with the the living room air-conditioner. Thank goodness it was in a window over a small alleyway where nobody walks, and no one was hurt. The air-conditioner was hurt though, or destroyed rather, so finding a new one in New York at the end of the summer season is our first goal for this morning.

This is the AC cord.
The other pieces lie in the alleyway below.
About 1am, B.and I decided it was time for ice cream.

I am about two-thirds finished with the unpacking as of now, and my body feels like I've taken at least four BodyPump classes at the gym. I'm looking forward to finishing all of the moving today so I can relax and rest up over the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment