Sunday, August 15, 2010

I think I'm going to like it here.





Yesterday and today, we finally finished unpacking and decorating my room! Everything has a specific place, and I really love my cozy little quarters! I have decided the key to making a small room work is planning ahead.  After measuring my room in June, I spent hours drawing floor plan after floor plan until I came up with the one that best utilized 8x12 feet of space. Knowing where each piece of furniture would go made moving in significantly easier, and surprisingly the room seems bigger with my furniture in it than it did when it was empty!

The floor plan that I brought from home.
Bookcase etc.
My pink and green bed.

My dresser.
  
Now that the room is all set up, and the apartment is clean, the parents and I have been able to enjoy the city. We strolled around the neighborhood yesterday, and bought some beautiful roses. $8 for two dozen roses was such a steal! We decided roses were the only thing in New York that are cheaper than North Carolina. Last night we saw "Next to Normal," which was absolutely fantastic, and this morning we attended 5th Avenue Presbyterian Church for the first time. I am so excited to go back, and learn more about what seems like a great church! After lunch at the Central Park Boathouse, we came back to the apartment for a few adjustments, including installing the new air-conditioner. We had been putting off this task, after the epic fail on Thursday, but it is now installed and the apartment feels cooler than ever. Yay for Frigidaire! 


I am so happy with my new home, and the weeks ahead in my favorite city! 

1 comment:

  1. Em - your room is so cute!! Looks like you did a great job unpacking and decorating, as expected from you! :) I miss you lots and it's great to see that you're doing well! Call me sometime soon when you have a free moment.

    xoxoxo Jordan

    ReplyDelete