Saturday, August 14, 2010

Starting to feel like an Upper East Sider...

Friday was another productive day filled with more New York discoveries:

1. There is now a Target in Manhattan.  One of the top five things I was going to miss about North Carolina has followed me to the city. Thank goodness. Now we just need Chic-fil-a.

2. At the three-story Bed, Bath and Beyond at 60th and 1st, they have a doorman to carry your bags out of the store and hail a cab for you. They also have a cart lift. Both were exciting!



3. There is now a Shake Shack on the Upper East Side.  The line was 40 people out the door at 9pm.

4. Bed Risers are a beautiful thing. My clothes fit in my apartment now, thanks to the nifty risers we purchased!

5. My neighborhood is so dog friendly! There are cafes (ie: Fetch) that are dog-themed, and dogs walk in stores with their owners all the time. Some stores even have "Canine Carts."



Dad hanging pictures!

The apartment is coming together nicely, and my room should be finished today! The parents and I had a busy and exhausting day as we continued to move and unpack, but it was not without fun and laughter.  We had a delicious dinner with friends at Bella Cucina!







At dinner, William insisted
on diced tomatoes in his pasta.
The waitress brought him his
very own tomato to dice himself. :)
So much fun with two of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment