Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"So I crammed my life in a U-Haul to find my part of it all"

The title of this post, my first post, comes from the song "A Way Back to Then" from Jeff Bowen and Hunter Bell's musical, [title of show]. I thought it was only fitting, as I just closed the back of the moving truck, and am getting ready to sit down for my last family dinner in North Carolina.

I took my first trip to New York when I was fifteen, and I vividly remember deeming it the best place in the world; I told my parents that I would, without a doubt, live there when I grew up.  Thought I may or may not be "grown up" now, I'm heading to the Big Apple, and I could not be more excited.

Let me explain a bit about the title of my Blog. My name is not Marcy, so I'm sure a lot of you are somewhat confused. My senior year of college, I played a girl named "Marcy" in a musical, which took place in New York City. Marcy was quite different from me, and so my housemates decided it was the perfect name for my alter ego.  What started as an occasional joke soon became a nickname, and so I thought it was an appropriate alias for my New York Blog.

Today, Dad, Brother and I loaded up the Penske (we actually are driving a Penske, not a U-Haul as the title of this post would imply), and tomorrow the journey will begin.

Don't worry, I was only pretending to drive the truck. 

Dad and I packing the truck in the lovely North Carolina humidity.

Brother and I tried to sneak our puppy in the truck, but decided she was happier in the South. 

2 comments:

  1. You and John look like book ends:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same UNC basket your sweet doggy is in! Nick and I are so excited for you, Em!

    ReplyDelete