Tuesday, September 7, 2010

City Life Continues

Will and Me at the Open.
Please note my official ball boy polo.
After a wonderful weekend away from the city in Atlanta, I'm back in the Big Apple. I hit the ground running with a busy Labor Day (filled with social activities, of course).  A rooftop cookout with Southern friends, and one more trip out to Queens for the U.S. Open was the perfect way to celebrate Labor Day.

Bridget, Me, Meg - Labor Day cookout



Today is my first day nannying in the city! I got to know the four children I work with, when I worked for a week at their summer home in Quogue, but today is the first day of school so they're back in the city!  I love back to school time, so I'm excited to live vicariously through the family I work for as they put on their new uniforms, buy school supplies, and start off their new school year. The weather is beautiful up here, and I'm hoping the kids will want to play in the park after school.

In other news, I was cast in a short play! I auditioned last week, and just found out I will be performing in my first New York production in October.  We're not talking Broadway contracts or marquee lights, but it's a step in the right direction, and I'm so excited to be acting!

It's amazing how quickly things happen here in the city. I'm learning to take each day one day at time. I know it sounds cliche, but it is the reality of living in a city that never sleeps; I'm working hard to abandon my planner personality and embrace a life of living in the moment and taking each opportunity as it presents itself.

1 comment: