Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dancing Through Life...


I WROTE THIS POST YESTERDAY, BUT FORGOT TO POST IT:

On Sunday morning, I took the 6:30 am Jitney back to the city! Farewell, Quogue!
The Jitney...the way to and from the Hamptons.

A beautiful shot of Quogue on my last morning there.














After a rough morning, Sunday ended up being a lovely day! I went out to lunch at Schnippers with my co-nannies, Alex and Amy, and we then ventured downtown with our new friend Bree to take advantage of the Crumbs Cupcake Sale on Wall Street. We enjoyed our cupcakes on some benches outside of Chace Crawford’s apartment, but sadly there was no Chace spotting.

Monday was one of the best days I’ve had in New York! It was an absolute whirlwind, but I was so fortunate to meet with several people I had been trying to catch up with. The kindness and generosity of my friends and acquaintances, and their eagerness to welcome me to the city was overwhelmingly wonderful. I feel so lucky to have a great network of people here.

Hopeful actors in line to audition at Telsey + Co for Wicked.
Now, as I write, I’m sitting on 43rd Street with hundreds of other actors in an audition line. My concern with germs was quickly pushed to the backburner, when my two options were to either stand for two hours (after waking up at 5am) or sit on the New York sidewalk. I have decided that I will invest in a folding stool to tote around from now on. 




TODAY:

Wow, September 1st! It's hard to believe it's already September, and fall will be here before we know it! Today I'm waiting at yet another audition... I'm the 7th person in line, and this studio has wireless...things are looking up!  Hopefully I will sing my song and leave in time for a nap, because waking up and leaving my apartment in the dark every morning is starting to make me sleepy! I'm looking forward to going to the US Open tonight with my good friend Will, and seeing Andy Roddick play! It will be a nice break from all things artsy. One of the most wonderful things about New York is that there is always something new and different to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment