Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bailey!

After I found out the news that Meg was moving, I thought perhaps a dog would be a good idea. I pondered a puppy, and then stumbled upon a pet store at 77th and Lexington when I was walking home. I thought I would just go in and take a peak at the puppies, certain that none of them would be that special... 
Well I met this cute King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, whom I've named Bailey. She's adorable and I've visited her three times. I would absolutely love to take her home, but unfortunately I think the finances and logistics of having a dog in the city are too tricky right now...










I emailed my family a picture of Bailey and me and told them I was thinking of getting a pup. Here were the responses:


Dad - "Cute! But you'll have to think hard about your schedule and if you have time to be home to care for a dog. you are on the go all day many days. Poor alone dog."


Mom - "She's adorable but I have a feeling it would be a choice between feeding yourself and feeding the dog.  They are SO expensive the first year :(...maybe when you book your first commercial???    So cute though!!!"


Ross - "So you have a dog now?!?"


The second day I went into the shop and asked to hold Bailey, the mean man who owns the store grouchily yelled, "Are you looking to buy or just wasting my time?" I said, "Well it's the second day in a row that I've come in here asking to hold her, I'm clearly interested." Just then, another customer came up and said, "So do you plan on taking her with you when you go off to college?" I responded that I had already graduated from college, and I lived in the city. He said, "Oh wow, you look so young." I decided that perhaps that was why the pet shop owner didn't take me seriously. 


For now though, I'll just have to visit her before work each day (5 blocks from the apartment where I nanny), and hope that maybe she will not be adopted before I can take her home! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment