Friday, September 17, 2010

"Living on a Latte and a Prayer"

This past week was by far the craziest yet... 4 auditions and 2 interviews in 5 days, while also working 32 hours was definitely exhausting. The audition experiences were great though, and the job works surprisingly well with my audition schedule.

Getting ready for my Gossip Girl
 tour guide interview!
One highlight of my week was making it to the final interviews to be a Gossip Girl tour guide. I should find out if I got the job in the next two weeks! It would be a fun little weekend afternoon job to supplement nannying, while also practicing public speaking. All tourguides are actors, and in a way it's like memorizing a one woman show. I love the show, and am hopeful that the job will work out.

Other than those two interviews, my mornings were spent auditioning. Getting ready at 6 a.m. and auditioning is not my favorite, but I try to remind myself that I never know when an audition is going to be the audition that makes the difference. My favorite audition of the week was for Godspell at Telsey + Co. I walked in the room with my 8 bars ready to sing (Yes, that's right, 8) and the lady behind the table started talking to me. She asked me if I went to Chapel Hill, and then told me she was a fellow Tarheel. She could not have been more friendly, and we had a lovely conversation. It was so exciting to meet someone working for such a successful casting agency from my alma mater! Being in the Telsey office is one of the experiences that wakes me up and reminds me that I'm living in New York. Looking at all of the posters from the productions Telsey has cast is so inspiring!

Tonight, William, Geoffrey, Sherrie and I went to Rosa Mexicana. I had wanted to try the restaurant, after hearing rave reviews about their Pomegranite Margaritas, and the food in general, and it was the perfect way to spend a Friday night.

Geoffrey, myself, and William at Rosa Mexicana!
I have a busy weekend ahead, and I'm quickly realizing that weekends do not really exist for actors. There are auditions and rehearsals over the weekends, and if one doesn't take Monday (Actors Equity Day Off) as their day off, a day off does not really happen. Nonetheless, I'm excited to spend time with all of my friends who work normal jobs and DO have weekends off, and I'm thankful to be having the opportunity to rehearse a play as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment