Friday, September 24, 2010

A month and a half!

I have now been in New York for a month and a half and am feeling very settled! Though I personally am more settled in here, my life has not settled down at all! Any mornings that I do not have auditions, I try to go to a dance class or work on new audition material. By 2:00 each day, I head to work, and then run around all afternoon, cook a full dinner for five (myself and the four kids), and do the bed-time thing. By 9:00 I'm truly exhausted!

Here is a picture of the chicken that I stuffed with onion, lemon and garlic, and seasoned with olive oil and spices. For those of you who know me well, may I PLEASE have a round of applause for touching that raw chicken with my bare hands? I washed my hands at least fifteen times afterwards, and disinfected everything in sight.



Despite feeling settled in the city, I am in no way forgetting how exciting it is to live here! I went for a run in Central Park on Tuesday, and was in awe of how beautiful nature can be, but also about how beautiful the city is. The views of the Upper West Side reflecting in the reservoir are stunning, and I cannot wait to show everyone who visits my favorite running trail in Central Park! Unfortunately, I did not have my camera on my run, so I can not post a picture. :( Next time!

I do have a picture of the Nicholas Sparks book signing I attended on Monday after my dance class! Nicholas was incredibly friendly, and we talked briefly about being from North Carolina. It was so exciting to finally meet one of my favorite authors!

Nicholas Sparks and me at the Barnes & Noble on 5th Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment